Organizational Behavior : Definition, Elements, Scope, Needs, Model
In this lesson we will learn about :
OB or Organizational Behavior is study of human being behavior in organizational setting, the interface between human behavior and the organizational itself, OB research can be categorized in least 3 ways :
- Individual in organizational ( Micro level )
- Works group
- How organizational behave ( Macro level )
It is the combination of 5 M man, money, machinery, material and management continuously known as 5 M.
4 Key elements of OB
The existence of an organization is impossible without people make up the internal social system of organization. People consists of individual and group may be formal or informal , small or large , interrelated or complex, People are dynamic in nature as they interact each other and also influence each other.
In this things , everything has a structure, For eg. human body , trees, house and even the books / reading now has it own types of structure. Organization structure defines the relationship of people, it leads to division of works i.e. some maybe supervisions , assistant, persons and workers. The structure relationship all these people are related to each other to accomplish the objectives in a coordination manner.
World without technology work would be either difficult or even impossible. It provides economics and physical resources to make people jobs easy.
4. External Environment
It is a important element of OB. An organization operates in a large social system and it is influenced by the OB external environment which includes social, cultural, economics, political, legal, tech . & geographical forces. These forces influence people, attitudes, motives, and working conditions in an organization also.
Nature and Scope
- A seperate field of study and not a Discipline Only
- An interdisciplinary approach
- An Applied Science
- Normative Science
- A humanistic and optimistic Approach
Needs for studying OB
- It helps greatly improving our interpersonal relation in the organization and cordial relationship b/w employee and management.
- OB helps the managers known individuals employee better and motivation employee to for a better work.
- OB takes human problems humanly.
- Popular reason for studying OB is how to learn predict human behavior.
- All organization is run by man. It is the main working in the organization makes the differences.
Contributing Discipline to OB
- Other Social Science
Challenges faced by management
- Work force diversity – When members of a organization or group differ from each other in the terms of age , gender , race etc. when works in join organization.
- Changing demographics of workforce – It have under gone changes over the years joining increasing no. of women joining industries , higher preparation of young force etc.
- Changing employee expectation – his has been shifting them firm factory place to the home.
- Even expanding Globalization – MNCs the managers have to are frequently transferred another countries.
- Towards improving quality – The delivery of qualities product and services to the customers has a quiet direct impact on the success of Business ( TQM ) Total Quality management.
Process of of OB
OB can be the behavior of members of org. towards each other of members of the organization towards customers and clients & towards of society at large. Human Behavior is often caused Psychologists have taken it arithmetic that a caused must priced its effect.
Model of OB
The Autocratic Model
- The managerial oriented is dictatorial
- Managers exercise their commands over employees
- Managers gives order to employees have to obey
- Thus , the employees oriented towards the managers / bosses is obedience.
It is used around the concept of providing economics security for employees wages & other benefits.
- Founded on leadership not on money or authority
- It is the managerial style that providing to helps employees grow and accomplish their task Successfully.
- Existence of the support level
- The basic foundation of the collegial model lies on management building a feeling of partnership with employees.
Click on the given Link below :