What is a Computer ?- 8 Uses of Computer – 3 Types of Computer
Today, we will learn about computers :
|What is a Computer ?|
|What is the full form of Computer ?|
|Examples of Computer|
|Main parts of a Computer|
|8 Uses of Computer|
|3 Types of Computer|
WHAT IS A COMPUTER ?
Any electronic device which is smart and follows our instructions is called computer. The term “Computer” has been all derived from the Latin word “Computare”. It means to calculate, or to count or to sum up. It also means to think together. Computers can also store data for later uses in appropriate storage devices, and retrieve whenever it is necessary.
Charles Babbage, an English mechanical engineer and polymath, originated the concept of a programmable computer. Charles Babbage is known as the “Father of the Computer “, he conceptualized and invented the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century.
What is the Full Form Of Computer?
C – Common
O – Operating
M – Machine
P – Particularly
U – Used for
T – Trade
E – Education
R – Research
Examples of Computer
Some examples of computer are Desktop, Laptop, Palmtop, Phone, Tablet etc.
Main Parts of a Computer
The main parts of computer are :-
8 Uses of Computer
Today, Computers are used in our everyday life. It makes our work easier. In every part of the world computer is used to make our work efficiently and effectively. Below are examples of the areas, and different fields that are using computers.
- With the help of computer student get right kind of information and can learn in easy and in fun way.
- Computer is used in learning new things with the help of Internet.
- It gives option to the student to make choices as there are variety of topics, slogans, essay, channels and website etc.
- Computers can assist students and teachers with the testing process by stepping the student through questions and keeping track of the results.
- It also enables teachers in taking online classes as in COVID-19.
- Computers are used for online classes, online examinations, referring e-books, online tutoring, etc.
HEALTH AND MEDICINE
- With the help of computer we can recognize the medicine side-effects and benefits.
- It also helps doctors in recognizing the diseases.
- Help with monitoring a patient and can alert staff in the case of an emergency.
- It helps in keeping record of medicine availability and patients personal information.
- With the help of computer device we can communicate with our relatives, friends etc.
- It enables the person to contact a friend even if he is in another country.
- With the help of messages, calls, internet call, instagram.com , whatsapp.com , googleduo.com etc. we can communicate to our close friends, relatives etc.
- With the help of computers we can control robots.
- In robots, with the help of computers we can make them learn and also we can input information.
- With the help of computers we can track the scores of the playing teams through scoreboards.
- We can watch live shows without physical availability in playground and without any travelling cost for eg. cricbuzz.com, hotstar.com etc.
- With the help of computer we can buy online clothes with variety of choices and by one click we can purchase clothes without visiting any stores.
- Eg. of some online sites meesho.com, flipkart.com, amazon.com etc.
BANK AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
- Computers play a significant role in handling all of the world’s money.
- With the help of ATM, we can withdraw money without visiting a bank.
- With the help of computer we can also track our bank transaction.
- Computers are used in data processing, maintaining a database of citizens and supporting a paperless environment.
- Banks have reduced manual errors and expenses to a great extent through extensive use of computers.
ONLINE RAILWAY / FLIGHT
- With the help of computers we can book railway or flight tickets online.
- We can track our train departure or arrival timing through computers.
- We can book tickets as per our convenience.
- Eg. irctc.com with the help of this we can track our railway and flight timing.
- A computer increases your productivity.
- For example, after having a basic understanding of a word processor, you can create, edit, store, and print the documents easily and quickly.
- Main objective of business is transaction processing, which involves transactions with suppliers, employees or customers. Computers can make these transactions easy and accurate
TYPES OF COMPUTER
There are three types of computer :-
|Digital Computer||Analog Computer||Hybrid Computer|
Lets study each types of Computer in detail.
- Digital computer
The Computer which have display are known as digital computer. Some examples of digital computers include laptops, desktops, and other electronic devices like smartphones.
Advantages of Digital Computer
Digital computers allow users to store a large amount of information.
New features can easily be added.
Ability to change the program without making any changes in the hardware of the system.
The cost of the hardware of digital computers is often less.
Systems process data digitally at a very high speed.
These types of computer uses error correction codes because of which these systems are very reliable.
2. Analog Computer
The computer which don’t have display is called Analog Computer. Some examples of analog computer are Mobile Phone Network Tower, RADAR, Setup box, Radio Signals, Satellite.
Advantages of Analog Computer
These computer allow real-time computation and operations at the same time.
Analog computer help perform calculations without using transducers to convert both the inputs and outputs to a digital electronic form.
Programmers can also scale the problem for the dynamic range.
3. Hybrid Computer
The Analog setup which are controlled through digital setup are known as hybrid computer. Here are some examples of hybrid computer are ATM, Super Computer, Industrial computer.
Advantages of Hybrid Computer
The computing speed of hybrid computers is very high.
Help in online data processing.
It can manage and solve large equations in real-time.
Results are produced quickly and in a more efficient manner.
In this post we have learn about what is a computer, what is a full form of computer, examples of computer, main parts of computer, 8 uses of computer, and types of computer. I hope you will like todays post and don’t forget to share with your friends and relatives. Stay tuned with us to get more post on computer.
Click on the link given below :